Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shuzenji / Izu Peninsula day trip questions 2015/3/17 07:45
Hello,

I want to go to Shuzenji for a day trip from Tokyo. I will be using JR pass but it seems like it doesn't cover trains between Mishima and Shuzenji. How would I be paying for that later part?

As well, what would be some other recommendations in Izu Peninsula that's easy to access by transportation from Shuzenji and then going back to Tokyo? I want a more relaxed day trip but I'm not sure which other places I could go visit besides attractions and onsen in Shuzenji (without getting lost lol).

Atami? Ito? Or maybe some other destination along the way of Tokyo to Shuzenji?
by asatou  

Re: Shuzenji / Izu Peninsula day trip questions 2015/3/17 11:09
To be fully truthful - you will only really be able to see Shuzenji in a day. It's quite a distance for a day trip.

When you get to Mishima - go out of the train gates and buy a ticket to Shuzenji on the Fuji-Hakone line. Note that it will take a few minutes so if it' a rush don't bother running....

Atami may be a possibility if you want to do more than one place in a day....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Shuzenji / Izu Peninsula day trip questions 2015/3/17 12:25
Thanks for the reply, I thought 4 hour two-way trip is not too bad if I left a bit early and go back to Tokyo after sunset XD maybe I will get to see sunset in Atami or just sort of walk around Mishima before going to Shuzenji
by asatou rate this post as useful

Re: Shuzenji / Izu Peninsula day trip questions 2015/3/17 16:29
To view the sunset - you won't see much at Atami or Ito as the sun will set over the hills...

Do note that Mishima can have a nice view of Fuji. I've visited Mishima for a short time and it was not although not spectacular.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Shuzenji / Izu Peninsula day trip questions 2015/3/19 02:40
Ah I see, then I may as well get off at Atami first and then look around Mishima, get to Shuzenji and go straight back to Tokyo that way :)
by asatou rate this post as useful

reply to this thread