Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Daisetsuzan (Asahidake) in early June? 2015/3/21 10:50
I'm planning on making a four day trip (more like 2 full days and a half day) to the Asahidake onsen area from June 13-16. Can anyone tell me what the weather conditions will be like during that time? I love hiking and camping, however I will not have any camping gear during this trip and am hoping to just do day hikes from the hotel at Asahidake.

Any other pointers to prepare myself would be appreciated.

Thanks!
by mesosorry  

Re: Daisetsuzan (Asahidake) in early June? 2015/3/21 11:16
Can anyone tell me what the weather conditions will be like during that time?

Depending on the year, there can be considerably sized patches of snow left around the upper ropeway station and the summit which may make hiking to the summit (and possibly along other hiking trails in the higher elevations) difficult. It depends a little bit on the year. In the lower elevations, hiking is possible, but the trails are less numerous and interesting.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Daisetsuzan (Asahidake) in early June? 2015/3/21 11:27
Is it something where I wouldn't be able to hike these paths at all, or would it just be inconvenient?

What kind of clothing would you recommend packing?
by mesosorry rate this post as useful

Re: Daisetsuzan (Asahidake) in early June? 2015/3/21 11:48
Is it something where I wouldn't be able to hike these paths at all, or would it just be inconvenient?

It depends on the specific snow situation in that year. If there is lots of snow left, you may need special equipment for hiking over the snow covered section in steep area. But if there is not so much snow left, most trails may be walkable with just regular hiking boots.

What kind of clothing would you recommend packing?

It can still be quite cold especially in the mornings, but also quite warm on sunny days during the day. I recommend to bring several layers and be prepared for single-digit temperatures.

Re: Daisetsuzan (Asahidake) in early June? 2015/3/21 11:49
Thank you Uji. Do you have any recommendations for websites where I can stay up to date with snow/weather conditions in the area?
by mesosorry rate this post as useful

Re: Daisetsuzan (Asahidake) in early June? 2015/3/21 12:04
Here is a live camera:
http://wakasaresort.com/asahidakeropeway/live2.htm

Ultimately, you should consult with the local tourist information.

reply to this thread