Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Connecting a smartphone visiting Japan 2015/3/22 06:34
Hi
I come from Denmark, Europe.
I have an unlocked iPhone 4S and a Nokia Windows Phone.
I will be visiting Japan for one month in April.
I would like to remain online on my smartphone and possibly have a Japanese phone number.
I am just visiting as a tourist for one month.
What is the best solution for me? Where to buy it?
by runesap  

Re: Connecting a smartphone visiting Japan 2015/3/30 14:25
To get a new phone number in Japan with your
own Iphone just for one month is a little difficult. Cause you will be asked to register for it or provide some informaion such as your address,ID or something like that.Of course you can rent a Japanese domestic mobile phone, but in this way you cannot use your own Iphone.

How about renting a wifi-router and use the free talk APP(Line)in Japan? In this way, you can get internet access and talk by your own phone,too.Maybe you can try the NINJAWiFi and WiFi-hire.
by Ruby (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Connecting a smartphone visiting Japan 2015/4/1 11:19
I would like to remain online on my smartphone and possibly have a Japanese phone number.

No problem, data/voice sims are available to travelers. They just tend to be on the more expensive side. What's your budget, and what exactly are your needs?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Connecting a smartphone visiting Japan 2015/4/1 20:02
Hi Ruby,

Help me out. What is this APP9line)?
I googled it and found only 'line.me'. This is a service (simular to skype etc) you can 'call' other line users. It is not the same as using a regular telephone number.
(Skypegives you the possibility to call to a regular telephone!)
Hope you can give me some information.
Regards
B. Slager
by B. Slager (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Connecting a smartphone visiting Japan 2015/4/1 20:30
in windows phone, ios or android, go to their market and search for line.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread