Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Quiet Temple with Garden to Take Photos 2015/3/22 19:52
I am visiting Kyoto early July. My family wanted to wear yukata for a few hours and take photos.

I am looking for a shrine or temple with a very nice garden that will have very few visitors so we can take photos without being interrupted.

Can you recommend some that is in close proximity to Higashiyama? If there is none close by, I will also be okay traveling farther. Priority is there would be less people but very nice for picture taking.
by yuKime (guest)  

Re: Quiet Temple with Garden to Take Photos 2015/3/23 12:58
Shosei-en is really nice. We've only been once but there wasn't anyone else there, so we managed to have a lie down in the grass and watch the clouds go by. I'd go back for sure. I don't know that it has a temple as such, but there are a number of buildings in the grounds.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Quiet Temple with Garden to Take Photos 2015/3/23 13:58
The key is to get there during the off peak hours. If you head to Koyasan, you won't have a problem.

http://traveljapanblog.com/wordpress/2013/09/fudoin-%E4%B8%8D%E5%8B%95...
by acase (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread