Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Okinawa - First week in June (rainy season?) 2015/3/24 18:30
Hi there,

I am travelling in Japan at the end of May and spending 10 days travelling around the main island from Tokyo - Kyoto - Hiroshima - Osaka with a friend. He's leaving 5 days earlier than me, so I have 5 days (the first 5 days in June) to spare.

I really want to go to Okinawa to see some nice beaches/snorkelling, etc. but after doing some research I saw that the first week in June falls exactly in the middle of the rainy season there!

I've read that this does not necessarily mean that it will rain nonstop every day, so my question is... is it worth risking it and going anyway (hoping to get 1/2 days of sun)? Or would it be better to stay in the main island for the remaining 5 days?

Thanks in advance!
by Marcos (guest)  

Re: Okinawa - First week in June (rainy season?) 2015/3/24 20:44
Hi Marcos. You should come and visit Okinawa, it's a rainy season in mainland anyway, and there are lots of chances for sunshine in June. Even it's raining, you will enjoy visiting places, or just looking at scenery. It's completely different from mainland. Hope you'd enjoy your stay in Japan!
by Sako marie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread