Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Packaging service for fragile items 2015/3/24 23:39
I am looking for some shop or company that offer a packaging service for a fragile item to be able to send oversea (such as artcraft item made from pottery). They will break if the package is not strong enough.

The shop I ordered the fragile items do not know how to do. I tried to explain (in japanese) tyuand send the picture of broken item that was semt by them. But there are no luck. The shop seem do not know how to di the packaging properly.

Is ithere such service in Japan?

Thank you!
by Fufu (guest)  

Re: Packaging service for fragile items 2015/3/25 13:48
Are you in Tokyo? If so, you can try Itoya stationary store in the Ginza. They prepared some fragile items for me for shipping to the USA.

Unfortunately, when I purchased a beautiful ceramic piece from Takishimaya in Kyoto, they did not pack it so well as it arrived in San Francisco in pieces.
by Ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Packaging service for fragile items 2015/3/25 15:29
Are you talking about having them SHIPPED? You are not carrying the item with you on your flight?

Some things are just not meant to be shipped via postal service... think of how parcels and boxes can be tossed around in transit.

If something is so large that it needs to be shipped by a moving company, and I know some moving companies do packaging for pieces of art (such as paintings for museums) but that's not what you are talking about I assume?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Packaging service for fragile items 2015/3/25 15:42
Yes, I am looking for a packing service before shipping.

Example is ...

I bought a fragile item online from my country but the shop does not offer a package-protection that strong enough to send oversea. When the package arrive, the item is broken.

So I am looking for this service that do the package protection before sending via Japan post.
by Fufu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Packaging service for fragile items 2015/3/25 15:45
I simply recommend bringing it with you as carry-on baggage.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Packaging service for fragile items 2015/3/25 15:55
The problem is I am not in Japan (lol).
by Fufu (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread