Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto on weekends vs. weekdays 2015/3/25 10:33
Is it a big different of crowd in major kyoto tourist spot (kinkakuji,arashiyama,nijojo) between friday and saturday?
by sun (guest)  

Re: Kyoto on weekends vs. weekdays 2015/3/25 11:26
Kinkakuji will probably be always crowded regardless days, I was there on 2nd time before the place opened, and there was already crowd waiting.

Arashiyama probably will have more crowds on the weekend due to more domestic tourists visiting.

Nijojo, I don't recall any crowds there, at least not the amount of people you will classify as crowd..
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto on weekends vs. weekdays 2015/3/25 13:24
is the kiyomizu temple packed if we go there at 8 or 9 am in the morning (weekday and weekend)?
and todaiji temple nara crowded in saturday afternoon ?
by sun (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto on weekends vs. weekdays 2015/3/25 13:30
Kiyomizudera is almost always busy regardless of the day of the week, but it is generally less crowded in the mornings. Todaiji is probably a little busier on the weekends, but again, the earlier you go the less crowded it tends to be.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto on weekends vs. weekdays 2015/3/25 13:32
Todai-ji has crowds, but it is big, so it makes less of a difference. I found arashiyama quite spread out, so didn't notice the people there as much.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto on weekends vs. weekdays 2015/4/1 15:23
I always find that Arashiyama only gets busy around the bamboo grove area. If you go further up the mountain to look at temples other than Tenryuji, then it's not really busy at all.
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread