Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Certificate of Eligibility, thougts? 2015/3/25 23:20
Here is my story. I got accepted as a teacher in a school in JP. I signed the contract, send the requirements. The school sent my documents to immigration for me to have my certificate of eligibility for work visa. We waited for 2 months. Suddenly, the school decides to let me go because they could not wait for my COE from the immigration anymore. The school said that I have been let go because school starts and I still haven't received my visa.
What should my next step be? I want to cancel or change the details of my application. I do not want to have a pending COE application under their company name to have a chance to be employed in another company. The company does not want to give me the details anymore about my COE which will be sent to them. The company does not want to give me even the application number.

Thanks!
by Fukushima (guest)  

Re: Certificate of Eligibility, thougts? 2015/3/26 11:10
What do you want to know, exactly? You' enot getting this job, so make another CoE application when you find another one. If you're wondering whether you can still get this CoE to go to Japan, the answer is no.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Certificate of Eligibility, thougts? 2015/3/26 11:12
I'm sorry, that's unfortunate. Basically if the school rescinding your offer then they should have also withdrawn your COE application. If you are concerned that they didn't cancel it then I would check with them to make sure.

Next step is to look for a new job and then reapply for a new COE.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Certificate of Eligibility, thougts? 2015/3/26 17:48
i want everything to be legal, so i do not plan to use it to go to japan.

all i want now is to cancel it so that i can give way to another employment.

i also want to know if they have received it
OR have not yet received it really.

i wanted to know the result or if they have cancelled it altogether but the company does not want to give me the application number.
by Fukushima (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Certificate of Eligibility, thougts? 2015/3/26 21:39
At this point, it's their problem, not yours. You shouldn't have any issue applying for another CoE.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Certificate of Eligibility, thougts? 2015/3/26 23:12
thanks.

Re: Certificate of Eligibility, thougts? 2015/3/27 10:16
i want everything to be legal, so i do not plan to use it to go to japan.
all i want now is to cancel it so that i can give way to another employment.

It doesn't work that way. The application is tied to both of you together, so neither can continue without the support of the other.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Certificate of Eligibility, thougts? 2015/3/31 20:09
I don't get it..I just need to cancel it if they don't cancel, right?

Re: Certificate of Eligibility, thougts? 2015/4/1 07:30
It is much easier and more supportive if you apply a job for an international schools in Japan.
Some schools even give you a relocation fees if you are accepted, so my advice for you to apply a job for an international school rather than Japanese school s' ALT (assistant language teacher).
by Homework rate this post as useful

reply to this thread