Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How many hours to spend in Kamikochi? 2015/3/26 23:29
Hello,

My friend and I will travel to japan this coming May 2015. We will be staying at Takayama for 3 days 2 nights. We're plan to visit kamikochi - shirakawago - kurobe alpine route. So here's the itinerary so far (still amend it) :-

Day 1 - Shirakawago and walk around hida takayama.

Day 2 - Kamikochi

Day 3 - Kurobe Alpine Route then travel back to tokyo.

My question is does it takes one whole day to cover all areas in Kamikochi? Can we add up other places in the itinerary? what side trip can we go around kamikochi? Can anyone suggest?

Plus, I'm thinking about walking around Toyama area (if I have time) but I wonder Toyama is worth to visit or not?

by misclyna  

Re: How many hours to spend in Kamikochi? 2015/3/27 10:51
There are a few onsen towns near kamikouchi that you go to by bus. If you are only wanting to do the central area, you could walk it in a half day I think.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How many hours to spend in Kamikochi? 2015/3/27 11:17
To Kappabashi Bridge from Taisho Pond, or from Kappabashi Bridge to Myojin pond, it is possible even half a day, if you only walk one of the root.
If you walk the both of route, it takes one day.
If you arrive at the noon position in Kamikochi, I recommend that you divide the route on day 1 and day 2.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: How many hours to spend in Kamikochi? 2015/3/27 11:39

Hello Lazy Pious,
Thanks for the info :) but we didn't plan to stay at Kamikochi. I guess it might take us the whole day to finish for entire course.

Hi haro,
Well thanks for the info..really appreciate it ^_^ So we just have to spend the day at kamikochi, no need for other side trip in the itinerary.

Again, thanks everyone :)
by misclyna rate this post as useful

Re: How many hours to spend in Kamikochi? 2015/3/27 13:05

If you have limited time, I recommend you get off the bus at Taishoike bus stop, and hike to Kappa Bridge. You can hike further toward the Myojin bridge depending upon the remaining of time you have for the day. Be sure to check the bus timetable.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6040.html
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How many hours to spend in Kamikochi? 2015/3/27 16:28

Hi Shinji,

We are not in rush it's okay to have entire day in Kamikochi :) Been wondering, if we get off at Taishoike bus stop and hike to Myojin Pond then get back at Kamikochi bus terminal and reserve for our bus return to Takayama or we can just board any bus without reservation?
by misclyna rate this post as useful

Re: How many hours to spend in Kamikochi? 2015/3/27 17:42
by mijiro rate this post as useful

reply to this thread