Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 Homes while living on spouse visa 2015/3/27 16:27
I changed work visa to spouse visa 4 years back. My tax record is perfect.
I have same address on wife`s native and living in wife`s native with a kid.
Since my wife`s home is far away from the station, there is no city bus availalbe from station to my wife`s home. If there is rain in late night or during moring, its difficult to go by bicyle also from wife`s home to station and vice versa. My wife suggested me to hire a small room nearby station so that I can sleep there if I am late from work, Is there any problem while extending the visa? We will keep address as it on wife`s native. Please let me know if anybody has knowledge on this.
by Temporary_Guest21 (guest)  

Re: 2 Homes while living on spouse visa 2015/3/27 18:52
I am not a lawyer, but the following is my thought:
It should be no problem if you keep your address at your wife's place, and your intention is to return to your home whenever you can, right? It will be like the husband staying over in a business hotel when his work keeps him until late.

Another thing you could do - can your wife sign the rent agreement for the small apartment near the station? (Just in case immigration ever asks you, and you need to show that it is for a good reason, and with her support too.)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: 2 Homes while living on spouse visa 2015/3/27 18:52
You should encounter no problems.
by CinJP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 Homes while living on spouse visa 2015/3/27 19:43
Hi AK and Cij,

Thanks for your informative suggestion.

-Another thing you could do - can your wife sign the rent agreement for the small apartment near the station?
Yes my wife can do that agreement in her name for me. You told nice point. Otherwise, if it is on my name, immigration may ask. I dont know how immigration understand it.

-it is for a good reason, and with her support too.)
Yes our intension is good only and real marriage with kid.
by Temporary_Guest21 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 Homes while living on spouse visa 2015/3/27 19:50
Ak-san,
I have another question.
Do I need to mention immgration about this apartment at the time of extending visa? Because the apartment will be in her name, no need to mention about it? We will mention if necessary.
by Temporary_guest21 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread