Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

COE requirements 2015/3/27 19:54
Hi there, i have few questions regarding coe requirements. My husband is a permanent visa in Japan. we were supposed to complete and arrange our papers. But there's one thing bothered us, do we need to translate our birth certificate and marriage contract in Japanese since it was written in english? Thank you!
by pipayjoeman  

Re: COE requirements 2015/3/29 23:24
Hello.

You have to submit the birth certificate and marriage contract document which are issued by official institution of your nationality.

You also have to attach those document translated into Japanese.

See the site below.
http://www.moj.go.jp/ONLINE/IMMIGRATION/ZAIRYU_NINTEI/zairyu_nintei4.h...
by Pembroke Welsh Corgi rate this post as useful

Re: COE requirements 2015/3/30 19:58
is it fine not to attach the translated one? because wer both filipino, then we just prepared for the english language with red ribbon. then may i ask what was the link you sent? i reqlly dont understand coz of its language, can you give a english one? thank you.
by pipayjoeman rate this post as useful

Re: COE requirements 2015/3/30 20:32
Hello.

I hope that you can get any suggestions on the site below.

A Japanese law office website
http://www.juridique.jp/visa2.html
by Pembroke Welsh Corgi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE requirements 2015/3/30 21:34
okay, long term resident and permanent visa are the same? i have read a website said that it was be translated if it was written other than english and japanese. i dont know what to follow.

Re: COE requirements 2015/3/31 00:59
@pipayjoeman

I'm also a Filipino and my wife is a long term residence in JPN we will also apply for my coe hopefully will be done next week .. Her immigration lawyer said that the documents will be translated in Japanese but the lawyer are also doing translation so we don't have a problem for that .. Hoping to have my coe I miss my wife so much..

By the way what documents did you have to apply for coe
by rein03 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE requirements 2015/3/31 01:06
hello there, so it will be a must to be translated. may i askmwhat documents you were passed to apply for the coe?

Re: COE requirements 2015/3/31 01:25
Marriage certificate
My birthcirtifcate
Cenomar
Her bank saving
Her Tax cert.
Her employment cer.
Letter from her agency stating that my job is ready when I arrive
Wedding pic.
And other supporting docs

Re: COE requirements 2015/3/31 01:32
why cenomar? you and her are married, then how come you get a copy of it? birth cert and marriage contract are translated in japanese? how long does it take when it was translated? how long have you been waiting for your coe?

Re: COE requirements 2015/3/31 01:33
supporting documents like what?

Re: COE requirements 2015/3/31 01:54
When u r married And u get cenomar it will indicate their that you are married to your husband both your name will appear in cenomar with the date of your wedding and this also serve as one of supporting documents ... Also a valid I'd like drivers license and passport.. For my supporting doc. I send my police clrnce and nbi clrnce for criminal records purpose.. translating the documents would be done from 2 to 3 days depending on the information...we haven't apply my coe but all the documents are on the lawyer now so he will be translating it then hopefully the lawyer will apply it next week :)

Some said that its good to have more documents when applying coe.for identification and the important is the authenticity of your marriage

Re: COE requirements 2015/3/31 02:00
how many copies of your documents had you sent to her? like the marriage contract itself?

Re: COE requirements 2015/3/31 02:05
The marriage . birth and cenomAr I send two copies each then the rest is just 1 copy

reply to this thread