Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus from Gora to Kawaguchiko 2015/3/28 06:06
Hello, I tried finding this information online but it's confusing for me. Any advice appreciated!

I will be in Gora for 2 days (May 17-19). On Tuesday May 19, I would like to leave Gora around 11 am and head to Kawaguchiko. What is the best/easiest way to do this? I saw online that there is a bus from Gora to Gotemba outlets, but is Gotemba Outlets where I want to go to catch the bus transfer to Kawaguchiko? Also, do buses run from Gora to Gotemba frequently on a weekday? How do I make the transfer to Kawaguchiko from Gotemba?

I would like to visit Fuji Shibazakura Festival on the 20th (Wed). I read there is a shuttle from Kawaguchiko. How do I buy tickets? Must I purchase on advance? Later on the 20th, I need to head back to Tokyo from Kawaguchiko. Can I do that with a JR pass? What is the easiest way?

Lastly, I want to send my luggage from Gora to Tokyo. Is there a luggage courier service in Gora that could assist?

Thanks!!
by Eve (guest)  

Re: Bus from Gora to Kawaguchiko 2015/3/28 08:07
This requires 1-2 transfers along the way.

Indeed, you could travel via the outlet. There are some direct buses from the outlet to Kawaguchiko, but they are rare. Instead, you could take the free shuttle from the outlet to Gotemba Station and then the bus to Kawaguchiko:

Timetable for Kawaguchiko bus:
http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/gotemba.html

Alternatively, take a bus from Gora to Sengoku, then the Odakyu bus to Gotemba Station and then the Fujikyu bus to Kawaguchiko. This route is more complicated, but has connections at least once per hour.

How do I buy tickets?

On th eday on the spot. I don't think that advance purchase is possible.

Later on the 20th, I need to head back to Tokyo from Kawaguchiko. Can I do that with a JR pass? What is the easiest way?

The Japan Rail Pass is not fully valid, but the JR East Pass and Kanto Area Pass can be used on trains from Kawaguchiko back to Tokyo. It is explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread