Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cherry blossom in Hirosaki 2015/3/29 03:26
Hi,
Since we shall be in Hirosaki between
30 of April - 1 of May, there is a possibility to see the cherry blossom there? I saw in the forecast that you have send me that the best view is until the 29 of April. Does it mean that we shall not succeed to see the cherry blossom?
Thanks a lot, Nira.
by nira dafni  

Re: Cherry blossom in Hirosaki 2015/3/29 07:39
The current forecasts for Hirosaki are not reliable yet. In other words: it is too early to say. Frankly, the current dates seem too early to me.

Even if you miss the "main season", Hirosaki has some later-blooming varieties of cherry trees, such as the yae-shidarezakura in the Honmaru and other varieties in some other areas of the park. It is not the same as the Somei Yoshino main season, but can also be pleasant.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom in Hirosaki 2015/3/29 12:05

We were there 5th May 2012. Missed the peak of hanami by few days, but rewarded with the beautiful scenery of petals, petals everywhere, especially the memorable Hirosaki's moat covered in pink.
However , the cherry blossom inside the castle's park were still beautiful, but not at their best.
I would say, your timing could just be perfect. Just cross your fingers there would be no rain.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread