Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buy printer/copier/scanner 2015/3/29 14:15
Looking to buy a printer/copier/scanner in Japan with my American visa credit card. Company told me majority of places will not accept credit cards, especially American ones, and to order it online in order to use my card.

That's a bit of a hassle considering I need it within the week.

I will be going to the stores near me including Joshin and Bic Camera. Do you know if they accept American credit cards or should I just order one online? If so, any websites you would recommend?
by ... (guest)  

Re: Buy printer/copier/scanner 2015/3/29 20:55
If the shop does accept that particular card.
There is no reason why the shop should not accept them, as long as the card has been activated for oversea transaction you should be find, Just try it, in worst case, you will just get a rejection.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buy printer/copier/scanner 2015/3/29 21:16
Try on Amazon Japan site and choose to pay by a credit card payment.
The price on Amazon Japan is not so expensive.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A...
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Buy printer/copier/scanner 2015/3/30 09:18
A few people close to me recommended Amazon Japan. Thank you.

Silly question, but a Japanese printer should work with an American computer, yes?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buy printer/copier/scanner 2015/3/30 09:35
Sorry to post again.

I was looking at this Canon Canon inkjet MFP PIXUS MG5630BK.

It says it connects through wifi. The wifi at my apartment is awful so I use a LAN cable.

Back home the printers, even wifi, came with a usb to connect printer and the computer. Do you think this comes with one? If not, could I purchase one for it?

Re: Buy printer/copier/scanner 2015/3/30 13:02
Yes, it has a USB port. It is basically the same printer as the Canon MG5620 that is available in the US.

If you buy in Japan it will likely only come with Japanese drivers and software. You can download the English version of the drivers and software by searching for Canon MG5600 series drivers.
by iago (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buy printer/copier/scanner 2015/3/30 13:16
Thank you so much iago!

reply to this thread