Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cape kamui on early May 2015/3/29 22:58
I plan to go to cape kamui on early May by rental car.
Is it ok to go there on early May? I'm not sure this place open all year. Who Can suggest me what thing i have to concern?
by Kwan (guest)  

Re: Cape kamui on early May 2015/3/30 03:03
Access is possible year round although opening time of the walking trail is shorter during the winter months from Nov to Mar.
The main concern is the wind. Even under fine and sunny weather the walk to the lookout by the cliff is very windy and the trail can be closed if situation becomes unsafe for walking.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Cape kamui on early May 2015/3/30 11:07
Thank you William5. This is my first time for driving in Japan. Do you have any comment to drive to Cape Kamui?
by kwanc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cape kamui on early May 2015/3/31 13:01
We too drove to Cape Kamui from Otaru. If you are taking the same route you will enjoy beautiful scenery along the coast with some interesting rock formations. Worth a stop-over is the Shimamui Cape where you can walk down to the beach after going through a man-high pedestrian tunnel.

http://www12.ocn.ne.jp/~kouhei/myweb1_054.htm

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Cape kamui on early May 2015/3/31 13:30
Thank you William5. I can't rentel car from Otaru because it's full so I rental from Hassamu Minami. I think I will go the same route of you. Thank you again for you link. It's very lovely map.
by kwan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread