Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

13 days trip 2015/3/30 02:32
Hi,

Okay i will be reaching Haneda airport at 10:30pm on June. I have totally no idea what is the first thing to do when i reach. can anybody help me and give me some idea what to do when i reach and where to start my journey? I only plan to stay and explore Tokyo.
by NickJee  

Re: 13 days trip 2015/3/30 08:17
A starting point for your research:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2164.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: 13 days trip 2015/3/30 10:00
I have totally no idea what is the first thing to do when i reach.

First you have to get to the immigration. Please fill in your declaration forms before reaching the counter. If you flight is in the middle of the day, you have a higher chance of a shorter queue.

Japan airport is pretty efficient. After landing it can take less than hour to leave with check-in luggage.

I recommend taking a train to Tokyo.

can anybody help me and give me some idea what to do when i reach and where to start my journey?
Looking at it, you are starting your journey at Tokyo city? No?

There are a number of things to do. But firstly, why did you choose Japan as your destination. Specifically Tokyo?
Did you want to see Japanese Enginering? Japanese Robotics? Japanese Architecture? Japanese Swords?
Do your research based on your interest.
by Kanazawa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 13 days trip 2015/3/30 13:17
Interesting that you have basically landed with no idea of what to do next. I'll assume you clear immigration, get a train/taxi combo into Tokyo and then worry about the rest of your trip the following day.

1: What are you interested in?
Obviously Japan to buy a ticket, but what else?

2: Are you back-packing or touring?
If backpacking, head out of Tokyo - too expensive. Otherwise, get your train pass and head all over.

3: Special interests?
Go there - do that!

This forum is a very helpful place, but as stated - we need something to work with. Otherwise, I'm sure a travel agent can sell you an expensive tour somewhere :P
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: 13 days trip 2015/3/31 18:48
Hahaha, thanks guys.

I will be leaving using the same airport. May i ask which part of Tokyo district should i start my journey? because i plan to stay at different hotel for each district i visit.
by NickJee rate this post as useful

Re: 13 days trip 2015/3/31 20:43
I love this site. Lots of experts offering very helpful advice. But I also love some of the questions. NickJee, you're going to spend a chunk of your timechecking in/out, packing unpacking. Tokyo has a great train/subway network. Use it!
by japandunce (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 13 days trip 2015/3/31 23:05
I agree with japandunce. Moving hotels and lugging a suitcase or backpack around the city doesn't sound like fun. In January I stayed in Hamamatsucho and based my plans around the weather, seeing the sites within walking distance on good days and training to other sections of town for museums or shopping when it rained.
by SkipperL rate this post as useful

reply to this thread