Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinhotaka Ropeway area travel and costs 2015/4/2 00:39
I would like to do the following trip over 2 days in late May

Get the bus from Matsumoto to Hirayu Onsen to transfer to the bus to the ropeway
I see there is 5 minutes between one bus arriving and the next departing. Am I likely to make the connection?

After spending a few hours on the ropeway I will travel back to Takayama for the evening/ night then go to Kanawaza the next day by bus making a brief stop in Shirakawa-go en route

I have a rail pass and will use it from Kanawaza - but it seems that it's much quicker to do this part of my trip by bus.

Is there a bus pass/deal that will cover this - Or should I buy my tickets independantly
by wendy (guest)  

Re: Shinhotaka Ropeway area travel and costs 2015/4/2 08:54
I see there is 5 minutes between one bus arriving and the next departing. Am I likely to make the connection?

Definitely! Hirayu's bus center is very compact. The buses are likely to stop within a few steps of each other.

Is there a bus pass/deal that will cover this - Or should I buy my tickets independantly

There is the "Alps Wide Free Passport" for 10,290 yen, but it does not cover the Shirakawago-Kanazawa section and I think it is more expensive than regular tickets.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shinhotaka Ropeway area travel and costs 2015/4/2 19:10
thanksfor the help, much appreciated
by WENDY (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread