Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama - shinhotaka ropeway - kanazawa 2015/4/2 02:45
Hai..

My fam and I will go to Japan on 10th Apr'15. There will be 5 of us.
We plan to go to Takayama on 15th Apr.
I'm wondering, is it possible to take a bus from Takayama to Shinhotaka Ropeway, do the sightseeing for 2-3 hours and go to Kanazawa via Toyama by bus, and take train from Toyama to Kanazawa?

If yes, where should I buy the tickets?

We will bring small suitcase as well, as we are planning to stay at Kanazawa.. Is it possible to store the suitcase at Shinhotaka Ropeway while we do sightseeing?

Kindly help us with the information since We need to confirm the hotel..

Thanks a lot..
by Rianne (guest)  

Re: Takayama - shinhotaka ropeway - kanazawa 2015/4/2 08:59
I'm wondering, is it possible to take a bus from Takayama to Shinhotaka Ropeway, do the sightseeing for 2-3 hours and go to Kanazawa via Toyama by bus, and take train from Toyama to Kanazawa?

There are buses from Okuhida to Toyama, but they are very infrequent. If you can catch one of those, it may be the fastest way to do the trip from Okuhida to Kanazawa. Otherwise, travel by bus via Takayama has almost hourly connections.

If yes, where should I buy the tickets?

Buses that require seat reservations are best reserved at the Takayama bus terminal. The ones that don't are paid on board of the bus.

We will bring small suitcase as well, as we are planning to stay at Kanazawa.. Is it possible to store the suitcase at Shinhotaka Ropeway while we do sightseeing?

Yes, there seem to exist some lockers:
http://date.kuro.st/html/dateplan-g-0019.html#mokuji02
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama - shinhotaka ropeway - kanazawa 2015/4/2 09:43
Thanks Uji..
=D
by Rianne (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread