Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is my Kyoto Itinerary Doable? 2015/4/2 16:53
Hi our family of 11 will visit Kyoto mid April. Can someone help me in our itinerary in Kyoto. Is the sequencing of the places correct?
Day 1
Nanzen-Ji
Ginkakuji
Kiyomizudera
Gion

Day 2
Kinkakuji Temple
Nijo Castle
Arashiyama
Toei Kyoto Studio Park

Thanks in advance for your help.
by contessa888  

Re: Is my Kyoto Itinerary Doable? 2015/4/2 17:38
Hi

Yes, it's doable. I'd suggest visiting Nijo Castle first on Day 2, then going to Kinkakuji before heading on to spend the afternoon in Arashiyama.
by Saru Bob rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Kyoto Itinerary Doable? 2015/4/2 18:54
Kinkakuji and Ryoanji and Arahiyama and Toei should be on the same day
Walkable distance between most
Arashiyama requires a tram from Toei though

Kiyomizudera and Nanzenji should be on the same day. You can walk from one to the other
by kanazawa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Kyoto Itinerary Doable? 2015/4/2 21:18
Thank you so much for all your inputs. I really appreciate it.
by contessa888 rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Kyoto Itinerary Doable? 2015/4/4 14:04
One question is what card do we use in going around Kyoto? do we use the Icoca or the Kyoto Sightseeing card?

From Kinkakuji going to Toei Anime Theme Park, does a taxi ride more economical? and are taxis easy to find in the Kinkakuji area?

Thank you again for your help.
by contessa888 rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Kyoto Itinerary Doable? 2015/4/4 15:41
One question is what card do we use in going around Kyoto? do we use the Icoca or the Kyoto Sightseeing card?

I recommend to use Icoca. The sightseeing card is very restrictive as it lets you use only subways and city buses. Often, however, you want to take other means of transportation for faster, more convenient access, such as Randen, JR or Keihan.

From Kinkakuji going to Toei Anime Theme Park, does a taxi ride more economical?

Only for a large group. Taxis are rarely more economical, but they are usually faster and more comfortable than buses. In case of larger groups, the cost difference can be small.

and are taxis easy to find in the Kinkakuji area?

Yes, there is a taxi area in front of the temple.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Kyoto Itinerary Doable? 2015/4/6 21:31
Thank you sooo much for the help.
by contessa888 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread