Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 4: Posts 1 - 20 of 74

1 2 3 4
next

Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/2 19:46
Since April 1, this beloved website has changed its format to my dislike. It is very difficult to read center text-align. It is quite unnatural. I am not sure of other member opinion, since I have not seen any comment on this change. May be other may voice their opinion.

old user
by old user (guest)  

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/3 10:33
Notsure hich centered text you are referring to, but while we're at it I'll point out that the new font is also harder to read.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/3 10:39
I don't know what center text-align you are referring to?
I also find the font (or the font color?) a bit difficult to read, and a bit cumbersome that I have to go all the way to the bottom of the page to get to the top of Question Forum.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/3 11:32
Click on 'Community' on the top right, then on ' Question Forum'. The font is kind of small, but you can probably enlarge it (I can enlarge it on my tablet very easily) to where it is easy to read. Then the font is clear and crisp....
Like with every change it takes some getting used to and finding out how best to navigate the new format of the site.
by Dutch Ann rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/3 11:45
Dutch Ann,

Thanks for pointing me to "Community" at the top right. I noticed only the "Question Forum" at the very bottom of the page lol.
I'm a user from home PC, so maybe the font issue will remain... :)

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/3 13:15
Although I write kanji until now, the character After entering became strange to April 1.
The encoded even state has not changed.
I wonder if can enter now?
I am using Internet Explorer.
I think the more I write the Chinese characters is easier to understand and shop name and station name, there was a case to be entered until now.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/3 14:15
haro1210,

I sent you a message in Japanese just as a test to see if any kanji gets garbled. Some did, actually, but that has been the case before April 1st, at least on Messages. I am using Firefox by the way.

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/3 15:32
“Œ‹ž
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/3 16:12
Uji-san,
That word looks perfect :)
I've noticed, from before April 1st, that some kanji strings in messages "can" get garbled. I have not encountered any kanji garbling on the forum threads themselves.

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/3 16:32
ie11
“Œ‹ž
font color is almost black.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/3 16:36
google chrome
“Œ‹ž
font color seems to be gray.
it is harder for me to see.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/3 17:53
I love it, but am kinda sad the user reports got kicked off the main page (though I totally get why). I think everything looks so much crisper and nicer now!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/3 21:56
I always hate renewals of anything. So I didn't bother to mention it. Lots of scrolling is hard on my eyes.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/3 22:49
Whoa, I clicked right as "Community" changed for "Forum"! I think that makes things clearer though tbh.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/4 00:54
Every web browser has the ability to override page fonts with your own personal preferences.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/4 02:04
A surprise to see the new format on April 1 but "where did the question forum go?" was my first reaction after not seeing it up top right away. I finally found it down at the bottom of the page and also a feedback link. I used the link and mentioned it in my response and got an email the next day that the site was still not quite finished. Glad to see the Forum button up top again (someone is listening!).

I like the new look and have not had problems with fonts on my Mac. Navigating around the new site may take a little time to get used to it but I think it an improvement. The photography and layouts to me seem much cleaner and organized.
by sjvacc rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/4 17:14
What I mean by centered text align is all lines are not left justified but all are centered. I used IE10 browser when i saw this chage. However when I read the response I then tried with Chrome and Firefox and found that the format is all left justified.

by old user (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/4 18:52
Personally, I don't mind the new changes.

The only slight disappointment would be no longer having the User Travel Reports on the bottom of the front page.

I liked to read where other people travelled and having it on the front page encouraged other people to post - but alas you can't like every change....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/5 20:52
I'm also not a fan at the moment. I think a lot of the fun and interesting parts of the site have been tossed away (never mind aesthetics, layout, etc.)

There is a link to the user travel reports, but clearly they are no longer wanted. Why bother writing them when it's doubtful anyone will click on that link to read them?

I liked seeing the ratings at the bottom and the rankings that showed them where they truly rank among the other attractions. That was a previous addition that I liked before but it seems it's gone now.

Also, although the percentage is still shown for the user ratings, I cannot find out how to rate anything new. It appears the feature has been taken away. If not, how do you do it, because it's not at all intuitive to me.

The wishlist also doesn't work. Perhaps they're not finished with it though? (I can only hope they're not finished with a lot of things and that some of the user-based features will return)

The positive thing is that some of the travel categories are featured prominently, which I think is helpful to travelers. Having the map at the very bottom is a bit annoying, though, and yes, the forums are less prominent.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/5 20:54
The ratings plus rankings at the bottom with the total numbers also helped to easily see when new attractions or cities were added.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 4: Posts 1 - 20 of 74

1 2 3 4
next

reply to this thread