Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Saihoji Temple 2015/4/3 19:45
Hello!

I want to go to Kokadera or the Saihoji Temple late April. How do I book and reserve a slot for me and my family?

I saw that the reservation requires a letter to be sent by post mail. Do I have to send this when I get to Japan or is it possible for me to send this even when I have not arrived yet?

Thank you in advance!
by eryneang  

Re: Saihoji Temple 2015/4/5 20:37
You have to send it before you arrive or you won't get a response in time and they'll probably already be booked.

But the end of April is the beginning of Golden Week, so they probably have already filled those slots.

You need to send it with a return, prepaid envelope with your address.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Saihoji Temple 2015/4/6 15:46
If you can not make a reservation to Saihoji, I would like to recommend Gioji in Sagano http://www.giouji.or.jp/season. They have also beautiful moss garden.
by Travel Arrange Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Saihoji Temple 2015/4/6 17:12
It requires about two to three weeks for them to get back to you.
You need to place an envelop with your address with paid postage in another envelop and mail them. Also, a letter stating the day and number of people. The temple will state the time in the reply confirmation letter. If you are in Kyoto for multiple days, you can give them a list of possible dates.
by kanazawa (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread