Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to back up SD cards? 2015/4/4 22:11
I'm having a lot of trouble finding a place that has a computer that will be able to read my SD cards. The reason why they won't work is due to the fact that all of the computers I find are really old (like Windows XP or earlier) and therefore just lack the capacity to be able to read my newer cards. I know this to be true because at home I also have a really old computer laying around that is still on Windows XP, and it is unable to read any external storage above 4GB.

Obviously technology has improved greatly over the years and I've upgraded as time goes on, so it has never been an issue to use the newer SD cards that offer more storage and speed. I've heard stories that Japan wasn't super caught up in computer technology, but I didn't realize it would be so difficult to find a computer so I can back it up to my external hard drive.

If anyone has any recommendations it'd help a lot. I don't mean to complain, but my cards are filling up from all the photo taking and I really would like to free up space. Thanks!

Just also wanted to add that I chose not to bring my laptop to save on space, otherwise I wouldnt be having this issue.
by Nueka (guest)  

Re: Where to back up SD cards? 2015/4/5 09:52
The problem is the old sd card readers can't read cards over 4gb.
If you buy a proper card reader, you can use it with those old computers. You can even get one at a 100 yen shop.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to back up SD cards? 2015/4/14 14:00
Where are you encountering these ancient computers? Have you tried going to a camera shop like a Kitamura Camera, or other photo printing store? They all offer media transfer services and should be able to take care of you.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Where to back up SD cards? 2015/4/23 19:14
How about something like this?

http://www.ebuyer.com/663493-wd-my-passport-wireless-1tb-usb-3-0-exter...

Back your cards up on the go..
by unzippy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to back up SD cards? 2015/4/23 23:07
Hey I'm the original poster! I didn't go online as much as I would have liked to in Japan.

Anyways, I bought an SD card reader and that worked really well.

I did not know that you could go to Bic and have them assist you in backing up your files.i will keep that in mind when I go back next time. Thanks for the replies everyone!
by Nueka (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread