Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Any place to visit in Miura Peninsula 2015/4/6 03:27
During one of the days in Japan I will be visiting Keikyu Aburatsubo Marine Park coming from Izu area, after my visit to Keikyu Aburatsubo Marine Park I should have half a day free from approximate 11am, can anyone suggest some place to visit in the Miura Peninsula area, or any place leading back to Tokyo (need to return the car before 2230 in Ueno), I will be driving, I'm interested in anything from gardens, shopping, beaches to outdoor market, but no shrines.

thanks
by kms899  

Re: Any place to visit in Miura Peninsula 2015/4/6 12:02
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Any place to visit in Miura Peninsula 2015/4/6 13:16
by acase (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any place to visit in Miura Peninsula 2015/4/6 14:11
Take a quick walk down to Araihama beach.
http://odekake.info/kanagawa/24_taiken/araihama/araihama.html

People just drive to Marine Park and assume it's a lame area, but Aburatsubo is all about great nature. As you walk, you can see the historical Aburatsubo Bay on your left surrounded by the woods, and the beach is one of the calmest and clearest you can see in Greater Tokyo. (Due to geographic reasons it's not blue, but still it's extremely clear and usually clean.)

It's a pity you can't take the boat to Jogashima since you're driving, but when you go to Jogashima, be sure to enjoy some grilled fish!
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any place to visit in Miura Peninsula 2015/4/6 22:35
Thank you all for the reply, those are really interesting places, I agree the beach is nice, and the woodland area, I see there is a bridge that reaches Jogashima island.

From a poster on tripadvisor he does mention a onsen next to the aquarium, may be i'll visit there and leave the car somewhere and explore the area, then go to the island.

thanks again.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread