Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 21

1 2
next

Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/7 17:59
Hi. M planning to do a day trip to visit the KaWachi Fuji Gardens on the 28th April. Will be traveling from Kyoto. can someone kindly advise me how to get there by train? Which train? The fare? The JR pass doesn't seem to b a good option for us as we are going to b traveling mainly within the Kansai area during our stay. Tqvm.
by Ruby (guest)  

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/11 14:13
So you want to go all the way from Kansai, paying normal fare to see the wisteria as a day trip? That is quite a journey.
Since you asked, you can take a bullet train to Kokura, then change trains and go to JR Yahata station, then take Nishitetsu bus #56 and get off at Kawachi Elementary School. From there, you can walk 10-15 min to the garden.
But buses are not that frequent (perhaps once per hour). You can take a taxi and get there in about 15 minutes or so, and the cost is about \2500 yen.
Some people take a free a free shuttle bus from Yahata Stn. to a nearby hot spring, the Ajisai no Yu, and walk a couple minutes to the garden, but the shuttle is also only about once per hour (none at 2PM).
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/12 00:35
Hi ken. Tqvm for yr kind reply. I'm hoping to travel to kitakyushu using my JR west pass. However, I'm concerned whether the wisterias are in full bloom. I plan to visit the gardens on the 28 th April & really hope to c it in all its glory, having travelled such a long distance! Is there any way I can find out? Any website where the post regarding this?
Tq.
by Ruby (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/13 14:49
I was wondering the same thing, Ruby. I plan on visiting after Golden week, and I'm wondering if that will be too late to see the wisteria in their glory. I can't seem to find a website that will show the wisteria's progress a Karachi Gardens.
by Linda (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/13 19:46
Sorry to jump in your post, but I don't want to start a new post about the same place with just one little question.

Does anyone know if there is plenty of parking available near Kawachi Fuji Garden?
by fififi12 rate this post as useful

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/14 12:16
When I went to Kawachi Fuji Gardens, I went to Yahata Station and then went to the Free Shuttle Bus to Ajsai-No-Yu Onsen. The onsen is about 200 meters downhill from the Gardens. The Onsen has a lot of parking, but I don't believe that the Gardens have very much.

When you exit Yahata Station, go to your left, and there is a sign with the shuttle bus schedule on it at the end of the drive. Here is an old schedule for the Shuttle:

http://kqkicks.antazi.com/kawachishuttle.jpg

Even if this schedule is outdated, my guess is that if you showed this schedule to someone at the station, they could direct you to the location to catch the shuttle. There would be an updated sign with the new schedule posted on it.

The gardens were very nice, and going to the onsen afterwards was very relaxing. I would recommend doing both.

As for getting to the Gardens from Kyoto, The pirmary cost is going to be the Shinkansen. The rapid line train from Kokura to Yahata station is only 280 yen, and can be covered by an IC card. The shinkansen from Kyoto to Kokura is 15100 yen, so the round trip is over 30,000. The JR Sanyo Sanin Pass will cover the round trip for 19,000 yen, and you can use the pass for seven days. I would suggest making a side trip to Hiroshima and Miyajima Island with the pass.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_sanyo_sanin.html

I hope this helps.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/15 17:18
I have a more recent schedule for the free shuttle bus:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmpj28vj3q9v914/Shuttle-Sched-Kawachi-Fujien...

Basically it leaves Yahata Stn 25 minutes after the hour, with no bus running 2-3PM and from 10AM it leaves at 10:15.

Good Luck.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/15 19:06
Thank You Ken. I knew that tha schedule had changed.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/27 09:06
Ruby, or anyone that goes to the Karachi gardens soon, could you please update us on the progress of the wisteria, please. I am planning on going just after Golden week, and I am wondering if it's going to be worth the massive hike down from Tokyo. BIG THANKS in advance!

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/29 00:57
Linda, just got back from Kawachi Fuji Gardens. The wisterias there are perhaps, not 100%percent fully bloomed but stunning nevertheless! It should be perfect when you get there!!
by Ruby (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/29 10:32
Hi Linda,

If possible, could you please update us with your experience. I'd like to estimate if getting there on May 9th is too late, so we could avoid a long travel from Tokyo. We arrive at Narita on May 8th and we were planning to catch the last train around 3:00 PM to Kokura and visit Kawachi Fuji on May 9th. Finding no blooms after such a long trip would be very disappointing. Thanks so much!
by Alis (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/29 22:40
THANKS Ruby! I can't wait to go. Ali's, I'll let you know how it is on May 7, the day we're going to visit the garden. We need the weather to keep cool.

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/5/2 22:27
Thanks so much, Linda! I'll start my travel on May 7th, leaving from JFK at 9:40 AM (Standard Eastern Time). If you have internet access such that you could post before that time (Probably 10:40 PM Japan time), it would be really helpful. I have ordered mobile WiFi in Japan, but I have never used it and I may not be able to figure it out the first day. We basically have 30 min in Narita to decide if we take the train to Kokura, or we need to change our plans.

Enjoy your trip!

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/5/4 09:41
Ok Alis, that shouldn't be a problem. I've got 3G in Japan so I can write en route to our next destination. I totally understand that it's a big commitment, both on the time front and financially. I just went to some wisteria, near the Skytree, on Friday, and it's 'done' so I am still concerned that the wisteria further south won't be that good either. I can recommend Ashikaga Wisteria Park in Tokyo, as something closer.

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/5/4 09:45
.... one other thing, here is a post of the garden from April 30.... http://www.japan-guide.com/blog/scott/150430.html

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/5/5 18:32
I will be in Fukuoka on May,22. Will I still make it to see the wisteria?( maybe in the final state of their full bloom) If not, I will reschedule my trip. Please give some advice.
by Chuang (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/5/6 23:43
Hi Chang! Was just there earlier and the blooming season would last till 10 May.
by - (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/5/7 21:57
Hi Lynda
I have planned Ashikaga for May 10 evening and May 11. Will check your post again once I arrive at Narita, if I manage to get Internet. Have a nice rest of your trip!

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/5/8 07:17
Sorry for not replying sooner! I ran out of juice on my phone and we were driving without a charger. Definitely go. Some are beginning to die, but you'll see marginally after peak. It's been quite cool there. Get there early for some great pics. Loved the place. Enjoy!!!

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/5/8 13:03
Dear Lynda, you rock!!! We are in NEX, and got Internet just in time to read your message. Thanks so much! The next 7 hours in the train will be much easier knowing that we will see more than the twigs. Have a wonderful time!

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 21

1 2
next

reply to this thread