Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mount Fuji 2015/4/12 21:29
Hey there!
We will be staying in Tokyo in mid April and would like to visit a place with a good view of mount Fuji.
What do you suggest? We heard about hakone and Fuji five lakes.
Thanks!
by Michael (guest)  

Re: Mount Fuji 2015/4/13 08:49
I recommend the Fuji Five Lake region:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6933.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Mount Fuji 2015/4/13 10:02
Thanks!
Is lake kawaguchiko a good spot?
We really don't know if it's worth it over spending another day tinTokyo. (We have already been to western Tokyo, nikko, kamakura, and asakusa and obaida.)
What do you suggest?
by Michael (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mount Fuji 2015/4/14 11:08
Please help, we will be in Tokyo starting tomorrow and want to know if to change or itinerary.
Thanks!
by Michael (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mount Fuji 2015/4/14 11:26
Yes, Kawaguchiko is one of the best places to see the mountain from, which is most visible over the lake on good weather mornings until around 9-10. You might even make it in time to see some cherry blossoms. Will you be staying over or going on just a daytrip?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Mount Fuji 2015/4/14 11:31
Either would get you the chance of seeing Mt. Fuji, but it's only a chance. The best chance is very early morning or a very clear day (usually in winter), otherwise clouds tend to cover the mountain by mid-morning. I went to Hakone in early December and got very lucky to see the most perfect view of Mt. Fuji from the ropeway and Owakudani station at lunchtime - it was clear all day. The view from Owakudani is breathtaking. I can't comment on the Fuji Five Lakes region, though, as I haven't been there.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread