Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Partial operate at Kurobe Gorge, should I go? 2015/4/13 17:30
I heard from news that Kurobe Gorge will be partial operate until fully operate on 28th of May.

But I have fixed date on 29th April, should I go?
Does anyone know what is partial operate?
Will we see any nice view, can we get on the train?
If I change the plan, is there any suggestion for new place to visit instead of this place. (I stay in Toyama and plan for Kanazawa already)

Thanks in advance.
Cherry
by chermoo  

Re: Partial operate at Kurobe Gorge, should I go? 2015/4/14 02:27
From April 28 the partial operation section is the short ride from Unazuki to Sasadaira. It is not really worth it if one cannot go all the way to Keyakidaira, IMO. In any case I think the best time for Kurobe Gorge is during autumn foliage season rather than spring.

While in Toyama during late April, a highly worthwhile and popular side trip is to go for the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route with its mighty snow corridor.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7550.html

Or if you are into flowers go for the colourful tulip fair in Tonami.
http://www.tulipfair.or.jp/fair/index.html

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Partial operate at Kurobe Gorge, should I go? 2015/4/14 10:06

I would not hesitate to second Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route.
I have been to both Kurobe gorge as well as Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route. The Kurobe gorge is definitely best visited in Autumn. However 29th April is perfect for Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route. You would not want to miss this.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Partial operate at Kurobe Gorge, should I go? 2015/4/14 12:31
Thanks to William5 and Shinji for your good suggestion.
Actually I have planned already for Tateyama Alpine Route which is the main purpose to visit Toyama :)

For Tulip festival is also look interesting, however 1day still too much for its. Is there any place I should go in Toyama.
Thanks in advance.

Cherry
by chermoo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread