Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

6 days using 7 days JR pass 2015/4/17 20:23
Hello Users,

I am planning a 6 days trip to Japan this Sept with a friend. I hope to keep my budget low, thus looking at getting 7 days JR pass. May I know if this pass can be used on following journeys with seat reservation at no cost, i.e. I do not need to pay additional fee with the usage of this pass throughout my train journeys for 6 days. Any route need to fork out extra fee?

1. Nagoya to Kyoto via Shinkansen Hikari
2. Kyoto to Nara via JR Nara Line Rapid Service
3. Nagoya to Shin-osaka via Shinkansen Hikari
4. Shin-osaka to Kinosakionsen via Ltd Exp Konotori

I have never used JR pass before, thus hope some kind users here can advise me. Thank you.
by Danielle (guest)  

Re: 6 days using 7 days JR pass 2015/4/18 06:26
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

use the following link, in the 'more option' section uncheck the 'private railway' choice and leave the 'JR' choice checked.
If you leave both options checked any trains in green are JR pass and any in pink are private lines and require additional payment.
If your using any bullet/high speed trains typically fall under JR pass usage.
The above link is the best sight to use as it's directly linked to the Japan Railway network and is all up to date.

Have fun in Japan
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 6 days using 7 days JR pass 2015/4/18 11:09
Thanks for replying but I am not able to see the 'green' & 'pink' lines following your instructions.

Anyway can my jr pass be used to reserve free seat on Haruka limited express for journey from Tennoji station to kansai airport?

Appreciate helps again. Thank you.
by Danielle (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 6 days using 7 days JR pass 2015/4/18 16:52
hi, all your journeys are covered by the JR pass , the same for the Haruka to the airport ,
you can reserve seats for any JR train free of charge ,
the JR pass is worth it's weight in gold for a tourist :)
by m (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread