Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

early flight from Itami - what to do? 2015/4/20 06:15
Hi!
I'll have an early flight from Itami (at 7 am to Fukuoka). I read on this forum that Itami opens the doors at 6 am. Thus, I guess theay assume it is always enough to arrive there just one hour before the departure? In Europe, the passengers are usually advised to be at the airport some 2 hrs ahead - that's why I'm asking.
Another issue is: is there any public transport from the Osaka city center (i.e. the Namba area) that would bring me to Itami at 6 am?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Albert
by Albert (guest)  

Re: early flight from Itami - what to do? 2015/4/20 10:43
In Europe, the passengers are usually advised to be at the airport some 2 hrs ahead - that's why I'm asking.

It is different in Japan. Check-in is possible until 15-20 minutes before departure. The gate closes 10 minutes before departure. Luggage drop off is recommended until 20 minutes before departure. So, many people arrive at the airport only 30-60 minutes before departure. I recommend to arrive about an hour earlier, especially on busy days or during busy hours.

Another issue is: is there any public transport from the Osaka city center (i.e. the Namba area) that would bring me to Itami at 6 am?

Trains start arriving before 6am. Buses start arriving after 6am. The train connections can be looked up here (enter "Osaka Airport" for Itami Airport):
http://www.hyperdia.com/
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread