Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tenjin Matsuri 2015 2015/4/21 09:08
My parents are coming to Japan for the first time in July and we will be in Osaka to see the Tenjin Matsuri. I've never been to this festival before so want to know some info about what would be the best things to show my parents who don't know much about Japanese culture. I read the main procession is on the 25th July at 3:30 from Tenmagu Shrine. Where would be a good place for us to sit/stand in order to watch the procession walk past and later the fireworks? Do people set up picnic blankets or are we supposed to just stand around on the street? My parents are old and might not like being out in the heat. If this happens, is there a good place we can go inside to observe the fireworks and/or procession eg: a shopping centre or building? And what are the highlights of the rest of the festival? Are there fireworks on the first night (24th July) too and where can we see these from? Thank you!
by jennjett (guest)  

Re: Tenjin Matsuri 2015 2015/4/21 10:44
Also the English website for the festival is down, so if anyone could please tell me what this says that would be great!

http://postimg.org/image/3sardy907/
by jennjett (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread