Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kingsman: movie gone from Japan already? 2015/4/21 22:42
Anybody know if the movie "Kingsman: The Secret Service" has come and gone from Japanese theaters already or has it not been released here yet? Google searches turn up squat..
by basketcase  

Re: Kingsman: movie gone from Japan already? 2015/4/22 10:48
Usually movies come out extremely late in Japan (like months after the US dvd release even), but in this case Kingsman was released in Japan in mid February only about a month after the US release. So unfortunately it has come and gone already. Too bad, I wanted to see in in theaters also.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Kingsman: movie gone from Japan already? 2015/4/22 11:24
Do you have plans to come to Japan?
If you by telling date, it might be able to see if that revival screened at that time.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Kingsman: movie gone from Japan already? 2015/4/22 14:51
yllwsmrf,

How did you know it was released in Japan? Because I'm not so sure about that.

Internet Movie Database does mention that it was released in Japan in February, 2015.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802144/releaseinfo

But on the very accurate Japanese database of Allcinema.com I see no trace of it. Very unlikely, if it were shown or even scheduled to be shown in Japan.
http://www.allcinema.net/prog/show_p.php?num_p=85903

Meanwhile, a lot of Japanese bloggers and cinema news are talking about the movie itself without any Japanese titles being released.
https://www.google.co.jp/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=%e3%83%9e%e3...

It's only natural to assume that there are no concrete schedule, at the moment, for this movie to be released in Japan, but that it's likely to be released in the near future because of the hype.

Even major movies are often released about a year after its original country. Keep your fingers crossed.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kingsman: movie gone from Japan already? 2015/4/22 14:52
but in this case Kingsman was released in Japan in mid February only about a month after the US release.

I think you are wrong. It was announced for February 22 on IMDB but it was changed to this summer. The movie will be finally released this summer in Japan.

PS: I absolutely wanted to see it but I could not find any cinema projecting this movie in February so I concluded there was a mistake from IMDB. Look here:
http://eiga.com/movie/81623/ (it says summer 2015)
by Eiga Fan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kingsman: movie gone from Japan already? 2015/4/22 15:49
I tried their website, but they didn't have anything so I went to IMDB. I did think it odd that I didn't notice the movie come and gone, so I hope they're wrong as I want to see this movie in the theater! At this rate though I'll probably just buy it on itunes when it comes out May 15th.

Re: Kingsman: movie gone from Japan already? 2015/4/23 07:27
Thanks for the info guys.

I am in Japan for 6 weeks since April 1st and I was hoping to take my fiance to go and see it. I saw it in the states and it was awesome! :-P A little over-the-top stupid in some parts, but still AWESOME..

I will check the IMDB release dates more thoroughly next time. I looked at IMDB but I'm usually don't bother with release dates and so I missed it.
by basketcase rate this post as useful

Re: Kingsman: movie gone from Japan already? 2015/6/15 10:36
The movie will be released on sep. 11 (sic) 2015 in Japan according to latest update on IMDB.

PS: One more time Japanese releasing dates look like a joke. The movie was already released (this month) on Blu-ray, DVD and streaming abroad. Unbelievable...
by Eiga fan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kingsman: movie gone from Japan already? 2015/6/15 11:19
One more time Japanese releasing dates look like a joke. The movie was already released (this month) on Blu-ray, DVD and streaming abroad. Unbelievable...

Yup, pretty par for the course. Of course the benefit is that you can usually get the movie on itunes or elsewhere from the internet before it comes out in theaters. Lets me save while still seeing the blockbusters in the theaters as those usually come out in a much more timely fashion.

Re: Kingsman: movie gone from Japan already? 2015/6/16 11:13
Lets me save while still seeing the blockbusters in the theaters as those usually come out in a much more timely fashion.

Are you sure? let's see: Avengers: Age of Ultron. Released in April almost worldwide (yes, including in Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan or Ecuador!). Japan? July 4. Last country of the list. No comment.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395427/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt

I must be honest, I do not watch superheroes movies. I really do not like this genre. It was just an example as I am a big user of IMDB; I often look at release dates and desperately Japan is very very often the last place to get the movie in theaters.
Kingsman? Japan is again the last one of the list:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802144/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt

Another example with Colin Firth: Before I go to sleep.
Released abroad mostly in Sep./Oct. 2014. Japan? Few days ago! May 23 2015! The following year! Come on guys! Are you kidding me?

Summer or spring animated movies get released on Christmas here. Thank God I chose to not have kids. I stopped waiting for some movies thanks to internet and optical fiber .

PS: I see you coming with Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation being released on August like in many places but it is a very small exception compared to many many others movies.
by Eiga fan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kingsman: movie gone from Japan already? 2015/6/16 19:06
Timely is relative I guess, but I'd have to admit I'm not much of a theatre going person. The kid makes it hard to get out to the theatre for a grown up flick, but the 2 or 3 times a year that there is something I want to see on the big screen it seems come out pretty concurrently. Might just be my perception though as I don't expose myself to the movie previews. Only leads to disappointment... Maybe you should start looking into Japanese films. We always get the worldwide premiers of those ;)

reply to this thread