Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Duty Free after Arrival 2015/4/24 15:56
Can anyone advise if I can purchase duty free products (especially Japanese Shochu/Sake) when I arrived at Narita or Haneda Airport?If so, where would I find these shops?

Thanks
by travelhappies  

Re: Duty Free after Arrival 2015/4/24 20:02
HMMM: not that Ifve ever seen at Narita 2..really donft think so: and it is so cheap in Japan we find itfs not an issue......
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Duty Free after Arrival 2015/4/24 20:14
Unfortunately there aren't duty free shops after arriving(any airport is the same). Only before departure and in the plane maybe.
by Haru (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Duty Free after Arrival 2015/4/25 10:35
(any airport is the same).
Not quite so: in Australia we can buy Duty Free alcohol and cigarettes (not electronic items) on the way into the country. ie after deplaning, and before any formalities.
Must admit I donft remember seeing it in LAX either: maybe it is an Aussie thing only

Re: Duty Free after Arrival 2015/4/25 18:32
Maybe he means any airport in Japan. In Manila you can buy duty free on arrival, even after going through immigration and customs.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Duty Free after Arrival 2015/4/25 22:42
I would think duty free shops outside of the customs area is defeating the purpose of its intention.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Duty Free after Arrival 2015/4/26 17:02
Thnx Susan, you're right that I meant any airport in Japan because this thread is talking about the airport in Japan.
by Haru (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Duty Free after Arrival 2015/4/26 20:27
I would think duty free shops outside of the customs area is defeating the purpose of its intention
Might seem so, but here in Australia you can buy Alcohol, Perfumes and Cigarettes [not electronics, watches etc ] after deplaning and before getting to Immigration and then Customs. ie it is just like buying it overseas: you are not considered to have yet entered the country. What you buy must comply with Duty Free allowances.
AND you can even order it on the way out of the country when you leave on your trip for collection on the way back in after deplaning at the end of your trip. They are the same prices on Departure and Arrivals side.
Unfortunately Duty Free prices in Australia still arenft all that cheap....

reply to this thread