Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What is required of me for MEXT? 2015/4/25 16:01
Hello everybody, I was researching the MEXT program and I got that information of the classes and degrees but I don't know what is required for me to get a MEXT scholarship, other than I have to be a foreign student and I must be between the ages of 17-21. I also don't know how I get food. I know they provide housing but do I get money? Do I get to meet up with other students using MEXT so I am not alone is Japan?
can someone please help me? Thank you
by Kisukeyo  

Re: What is required of me for MEXT? 2015/4/25 17:23
You mean this? http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/koutou/ryugaku/boshu/1346539.htm

You get your scholarship money every month, and you live however you want with that (plus any prior savings if you had some). Whether or not you can get university housing (and if so, how easily) depends on the university, but even if you do, it's not free, so you pay for it with your scholarship money as well.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: What is required of me for MEXT? 2015/4/25 20:46
I guess learning how to do some research on the internet will help you in your quest not only to study at a university, but as an undergrad as well. It takes less than a minute to google your answer. Being spoon-fed is not ideal if you want to make it to/in university.
by moora (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is required of me for MEXT? 2015/4/26 08:39
Thank you Firas, I couldn't find that page.
by Kisukeyo rate this post as useful

Re: What is required of me for MEXT? 2015/4/26 09:19
There is one thing I do not understand. When you go to Japan and go to language school do you just take the language school for 1 year then start your courses afterwards, or your courses start the same time as the language school?
by Kisukeyo rate this post as useful

Re: What is required of me for MEXT? 2015/4/26 09:45
There are 2 options for this mext application.

a. recommendation from school
b. recommendation from Japanese embassy in your country.
if your school transcript/scores is good, you can pick option a, but if your Japanese is good, then go with option b, because you will have interview in Japanese.

(former university staff of mext scholarship related )
by Kiyomi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread