Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko Pass and Utsunomiya 2015/4/26 12:08
Hi
I have the chance to visit Japan again, and had planned to get the 4 Day Nikko Pass with the Limited Express tickets. I would be staying in Nikko before heading back to Ueno for the rest of my stay.

I would like to know:
- If I am heading to Utsunomiya as a side trip from Nikko, is the journey (part or whole) from Nikko covered by the Nikko pass if I use the Tobu-Nikko line?
- Could I use my Suica for the JR side rail if the Nikko pass does not cover any part of the journey to Utsunomiya?
- Or would it be easier if I head to Utsunomiya as a side trip when I am back in Ueno?

Thanks in advance for any help
by Zhangy  

Re: Nikko Pass and Utsunomiya 2015/4/30 02:31
If I am heading to Utsunomiya as a side trip from Nikko, is the journey (part or whole) from Nikko covered by the Nikko pass if I use the Tobu-Nikko line?
The Tobu-Nikko line doesn't go into Utsunomiya and the pass is only good on Tobu lines.

- Could I use my Suica for the JR side rail if the Nikko pass does not cover any part of the journey to Utsunomiya?
The Suica card would be good to cover the fare for the local JR from Nikko to Utsunomiya.

- Or would it be easier if I head to Utsunomiya as a side trip when I am back in Ueno?
If you don't have a JR Railpass, it would be closer to go to Utsunomiya from Nikko. If you have a JR Pass or want to pay for the express fee ticket, Utsunomiya is 1 stop on the Shinkansen from Ueno.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko Pass and Utsunomiya 2015/5/2 18:34
Ah thanks. much appreciated.
by Zhangy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread