Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to make reservation for Nohi Bus? 2015/4/27 08:53
Hi,

Anyone know how to make online reservation for the following transportation?

1. Nozomi shinkansen from Kyoto to Nagoya
2. Wide view Hida from Nagoya to Takayama
3. Nohi bus from Takayama to Shirakawa-go
4. Nohi bus from Shirakawa-go to Kanazawa
5. Kanazawa to Shin-Osaka

Thanks.
by Jefferene  

Re: How to make reservation for Nohi Bus? 2015/4/28 01:48
1. Nozomi shinkansen from Kyoto to Nagoya
2. Wide view Hida from Nagoya to Takayama
3. Nohi bus from Takayama to Shirakawa-go
4. Nohi bus from Shirakawa-go to Kanazawa
5. Kanazawa to Shin-Osaka

1, 2, & 5- I'm assuming you are coming from Osaka, so you can either reserve the train and seats as long as you have the dates, trains and train number that you want and reserve all the trains once you get to Japan. At Shin-Osaka station or Kyoto Station, which ever one is good for you. Use Hyperdia for train times http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

3 & 4 You can reserve the bus as soon as you get to Takayama Station. Nohi bus terminal is right beside the station. http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/shirakawago.html
The other way is to go to the Nohi Bus center in Tokyo to reserve the bus.
If your not going during peak times (Golden Week, Festivals) less then 24 hours should be enough for reservation unless you have a big group.

Hope this helps!!!
Have fun!!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: How to make reservation for Nohi Bus? 2015/4/28 07:47
Hi, thanks for the information. So for 1, 2 and 5, if the reserve tickets are sold out, I could still buy the unreserved ticket right on the spot? I am traveling in the 2nd half of November and not sure how busy and crowded in the train for this period.

by Jefferene rate this post as useful

Re: How to make reservation for Nohi Bus? 2015/4/29 09:04
So for 1, 2 and 5, if the reserve tickets are sold out, I could still buy the unreserved ticket right on the spot? I am traveling in the 2nd half of November and not sure how busy and crowded in the train for this period.
I traveled in Mid November before and found no problem reservation the seats as there are a lot of Nozomi trains. However travelling the Tokyo to Osaka route, I did find it a little bit difficult to find a seat on the right side of the train (left side if coming back from Osaka to Tokyo) mainly because of the chance of seeing Mt Fuji.

Other then that, it should be fine. The only one's that could be busy are for the Fall Colors and maybe starting Xmas shopping.

Yes, you can buy unreserved section however it does not guarantee a seat though. For the unreserved section, I would show up at the station platform at least 15-20 mins before to make sure you go into the train first and have the highest chance to grab an unreserved seat.

Hope this helps!!!
Have Fun!!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread