Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7 minute transfer time at Noboribetsu station 2015/4/29 00:03
Hi all,

I will be visiting Noboribetsu Onsen in May. I will be arriving via Hakodate. I will be arriving at Noboritbetsu at 16:23. There's a Donan bus leaving at 16:30 to Noboribetsu Onsen. Is 7 minutes enough time to get on the 16:30 bus? We would need to buy the bus ticket once we get there.

I also notice that after 16:30, the next bus won't come around until 20:04. Is there any risk that the 16:30 bus will be extremely crowded and we must take the next bus? We are a party of 4 with luggages.

I can take an earlier train from Hakodate if necessary, but I want to spend more time in Hakodate.

Thank you
by Curious2000 (guest)  

Re: 7 minute transfer time at Noboribetsu station 2015/4/29 10:16
Is 7 minutes enough time to get on the 16:30 bus?

Yes, that should be no problem for the regular traveler. But there is a small chance that slow or confused travelers may miss the connection.

We would need to buy the bus ticket once we get there.

No, you pay the fare on board of the bus as explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2015.html

I also notice that after 16:30, the next bus won't come around until 20:04.

No, the next bus is at 16:40 (coming from Tomakomai). And then another one at 16:53 (coming from Muroran). And several more afterwards befor the 20:04 departure.

Is there any risk that the 16:30 bus will be extremely crowded and we must take the next bus?

That risk is very low.

You could also consider taking a taxi. Depending on how large your pieces of luggage are, your group with luggage may fit into a single one.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: 7 minute transfer time at Noboribetsu station 2015/4/29 11:48
Thank you Uji-san for the valuable information. I'm not worried now that I know there are many buses after 16:30.
by Curious2000 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread