Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko Inn Luggage Storage 2015/4/29 12:08
Hi,

We will be visiting Japan for the third time. We will be staying in a Toyoko Inn in Tokyo for 2 nights. Then we travel to other parts of Japan for 4 nights before returning to the same Toyoko Inn for another 3 nights. Do you think they will be willing to store one checked luggage for us for 4 days (while we are in another part of Japan)? If not, can I send a Takkyubin to that same hotel? I don't know if Takkyubin allows the sending and receiving address to be the same.

We can take the luggage with us if it's absolutely necessary. However, we would like to travel as light as possible.

by DavidWeb (guest)  

Re: Toyoko Inn Luggage Storage 2015/4/29 20:57
Many Hotels will allow you to store luggage upto the same day during check out, if you have a reservation for the same hotel a few days after check out, there is no reason why they will not provide this service. Many hotels will accommodate this, My third time in japan will be June , and twice 2010 and 2013 I have left luggage for 2-3 day and return on the last day for my last night stay with the same hotel.

If you need to be sure, you can send a email or call them to confirm.
Do note that many hotels will only accept if you have 1-2 pieces, and they accept no responsibilities for lost and damage.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Luggage Storage 2015/4/29 21:47
Albeit it was a small item, but the Toyoko Inn in Tokyo I was staying at a few years back held a parcel for me for nearly 2 weeks, since they were the first Toyoko I was using on that trip and I was returning to it prior to departure. They gave me a ticket to hold and that was that.

I've used Toyoko Inn almost exclusively on my last 4 trips there in as many years. (I used to go for hotels the first 2 times) I have also used takyubin to forward my suitcase (medium size) to Inns ahead of my stay there without calling them ahead of time. Granted, I had reservations and all they have to do is look it up to confirm. 've never had any issue with either one. They deliver when you want it to be delivered and the Inn will hold luggage for a few days prior to your arrival.

So in your case, I'm sure they'll accommodate your request. They'll usually just leave it in the lobby under a net with bells attached. I've never had anything missing, but I'm sure they're not responsible if your luggage is stolen, but I doubt that will happen.
by John B digs Japan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Luggage Storage 2015/4/30 01:01

Do you think they will be willing to store one checked luggage for us for 4 days (while we are in another part of Japan)?

I have stayed in many Toyoko inns and have done this many times, No problem.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Luggage Storage 2015/4/30 05:40
Thank you all for the reply. I will give it a try once I get there.
by DavidWeb (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Luggage Storage 2015/4/30 08:35
4 days shouldn't be a problem at all, done 4-5 days on multiple occasions. The only consideration is on how big the hotels luggage area is....
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Luggage Storage 2015/4/30 09:49
for my upcoming trip, i would be experiencing this too. i'll be staying for a night in toyoko inn and check out on the next, then return on the third. i've also planned to stay in a guesthouse for 2 nights and to return 3 nights later for one more night. both accommodations had no issue with this when i made my request via email. no additional charges too :)
by Beeeee (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread