Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arashiyama + Kinkakuji + Ryoanji Travel Plan 2015/5/3 08:05
I have one day planned to go to Arashiyama and Kinkakuji and Ryoanji.

For Arashiyama, we wanted to go to the Bamboo Forest, Tenryuuji and Okochi Sanso Villa.

Question is, we wanted to go early morning to the bamboo forest to get pictures with no crowd. After that, how will we go about our day?

Can anyone please tell me the transportation means (bus number or train route) to reach each destination and what is the best order to see them to save time (and money where possible).

Can I fit this all and finish before 5pm? We want to do the bamboo forest early in the morning do half hour there and then be ready to head to Okochi Sanso/Tenryuuji (whichever is open earlier) once it opens.

Thanks so much! We are going there first week of July.
by miara rigawa  

Re: Arashiyama + Kinkakuji + Ryoanji Travel Plan 2015/5/3 13:15
I would travel as folllows:

Arashiyama (all three sites are within walking distance of each other and the railway station) - (Randen Railway via Katabiranotsuji) - Omuro-Ninnaji - (2 minute walk) - Ninnaji - (10-15 minute walk) - Ryoanji

Can I fit this all and finish before 5pm?

Of course, it depends a lot on your preferred pace of travel. Fast travelers will be able to see everything within five hours, but slower travelers are more likely to require 6-8 hours. So, with a relatively early start, the program should be doable for most travelers except the ones that travel at a very slow pace.

We want to do the bamboo forest early in the morning do half hour there and then be ready to head to Okochi Sanso/Tenryuuji (whichever is open earlier) once it opens.

Tenryuji opens at 8:30. Okochi Sanso at 9:00.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread