Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

shopping places in downtown kyoto 2015/5/3 13:14
where are the shopping places in downtown kyoto that are reasonable in price. i am refering to places where the japanese will usually go for their weekly or montyly shopping, not the tourist spot shopping mall.
thanks
by johnson koay (guest)  

Re: shopping places in downtown kyoto 2015/5/5 06:00
by CatRamen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: shopping places in downtown kyoto 2015/5/5 19:15
Hi. I was born and grew up in Kyoto. I recommend where department we often go "Takashimaya". There is in central of city Kawaramachi. We can buy almost thing what we need for life.
Try to go there.
by Moet1 rate this post as useful

Re: shopping places in downtown kyoto 2015/5/6 00:21
Ha ha, remember OP said "reasonable in price"!

I'd suggest Aeon shopping mall just two minutes south of JR Kyoto station....
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: shopping places in downtown kyoto 2015/5/6 06:48
the Sanjo-kai Shotengai is where the locals go

http://thekyotoproject.org/english/sanjo-kai-shopping-street/
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: shopping places in downtown kyoto 2015/5/6 10:10
Sanjo-kai Shotengai and Takashimaya are both very charming, and interesting places to check out. You will encounter lots of tourists in either place though, including tourists from other parts of Japan and tourists from Asia.

Aeon Mall seems to be off the tourist radar (perhaps why no one here has mentioned it). I've never noticed any tourists there. It's not as "quaint" as the other places mentioned here though - it's just a mall where local people shop.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

reply to this thread