Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

All Shikoku Rail Pass 2015/5/4 10:24
When travelling from Kochi to Shin-Osaka, the pass only covers the distance to Kojima.

Is it possible to reserve a seat and buy a separate ticket from Kojima to Shin-Osaka without having to disembark at Kojima and reboard on a separate train?
Or will I have to get off at Kojima station, use the pass at the manned gates to exit the paid-fare zone, and then use a ticket to pass through the automatic ticket gates again to reboard?

I am just looking for ways to save me some time (and money) getting home from Shikoku after my travels.

Thanks!
by Mickey226  

Re: All Shikoku Rail Pass 2015/5/4 11:42
Is it possible to reserve a seat and buy a separate ticket from Kojima to Shin-Osaka without having to disembark at Kojima and reboard on a separate train?

Yes, you can make reservations and ticket purchases for any JR train in Japan at any JR ticket office in Japan. You will have to purchase tickets from Kojima to Shin-Osaka. Since all limited express trains stop in Kojima, it will be possible to make seat reservations from Kojima to Okayama, too. Make sure to reserve the same seat as from Kochi to Kojima otherwise you have to change seats at Kojima.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: All Shikoku Rail Pass 2015/5/4 18:06
Wouldn't it cause a problem if the ticket is not passed through the ticket gate machine at the departure point (which would be Kojima as far as the ticket is concerned)?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: All Shikoku Rail Pass 2015/5/4 23:42
Firas, this is exactly why I'm concerned about it. You hit the nail right on the head.
I would love to hear from someone who knows or has tried this in the past.
by Mickey226 rate this post as useful

Re: All Shikoku Rail Pass 2015/5/5 08:52
Just use the manned gates. If you show them the Shikoku Rail Pass in combination with the ticket from Kojima, there should be no problem.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: All Shikoku Rail Pass 2015/5/5 11:24
Thank you Uji. I never even considered that!
by Mickey226 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread