Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka to Amanohashidate train question 2015/5/7 05:23
I will be going to Amanohashidate from Osaka,
Osaka -- [Ltd Exp Konotori] -- Fukuchiyama -- [Ltd Exp Hashidate] -- Amanohashidate

I don't intend to buy any JR pass or Kansai pass.
Can I just buy a normal ticket in Osaka station for the Konotori, and board the hashidate at Fukuchiyama, wait for a attendant to walk by, and buy the Amanohashidate Day Pass?
Or any other recommended method?

The webpage http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3991.html mentioned below, rather confusing if I don't own a JR pass or area pass
And for travelers with a Japan Rail Pass or Kansai Wide Area Pass, the Amanohashidate Pass also covers limited express trains (unreserved seats only) between Fukuchiyama and Amanohashidate.
by goingosaka (guest)  

Re: Osaka to Amanohashidate train question 2015/5/7 12:00
Hello.
You could buy the normal ticket for Konotori JR limited express from Osaka to Fukuchiyama at Osaka station.
There are two ways how to get to Amanohashidate from Fukuchiyama by train.
One is to take the JR limited express Hashidate,and another is to take the KTR(Kyoto Tango Tetsudo) trains.
If you buy Amanohashidate one day pass at Fukuchiyama station,it covers KTR train from Fukuchiyama to Amanohashidate(however it doesn't cover KTR limited express and JR train.
If you want to take the Hashidate limited express,you could buy the ticket at JR Osaka station or JR Fukuchiyama station because Hashidate is JR train.
by Pembroke Welsh Corgi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread