Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cost of living in Japan 2015/5/8 06:49
Hello to everyone, I was just wondering if you could live in japan with a salary of 1m Yen a month (9000usd). If yes, what state? (e.g barely enough, fair or luxurious). Thanks!
by Migeru (guest)  

Re: Cost of living in Japan 2015/5/8 10:32
if you could live in japan with a salary of 1m Yen a month (9000usd)

It will be hard. You will probably end up looking for food inside garbage bins, frauding in public transport, and living on a cardboard box.
I am wondering if you are serious or if you are one of those who "live on other planets" (hedge funds, traders...) because I am earning 250.000 yens every month.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cost of living in Japan 2015/5/8 12:00
The above poster seems to have missed one digit - if your monthly salary is JPY1,000,000 (US$9,000), you can enjoy a lot.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cost of living in Japan 2015/5/8 12:29
I did not miss anything, I was ironic...Sorry you did not catch it.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cost of living in Japan 2015/5/8 15:49
This is the funniest thread of the day!
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Cost of living in Japan 2015/5/8 20:57
I'll never understand how some people can be paid 1 million yen a month but can't do (or be bothered) to do basic research on the internet. With 9000 USD a month, you can live in an apartment right smack in Ginza if you want to.
by MS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cost of living in Japan 2015/5/9 04:38
With 9000 USD a month, you can live in an apartment right smack in Ginza if you want to.

Or be one of those guys in the alleys between Shinjuku and Shin-Okubo with cardboard shelters drinking Courvoisier VSOP!
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread