Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Restaurant for Tajima beef and Matsuba crab 2015/5/10 14:06
Can any one recommend good resonable priced restaurant for tajima Beef and matsuba snow crab in Kinoseki?

Will snow crab still be available in June?

Is it correct to claim that Tajima beef is the origin of Kobe beef? Is so why Kobe beef is worldwide known and Tajima is lesser known?
by reynoldswsc  

Re: Restaurant for Tajima beef and Matsuba crab 2015/5/11 13:07
I don't know about restaurants, but we stayed 2 nights at Nishimuraya Honkan (Kinosaki Onsen) and had crab and Tajima beef as part of the menu for each night. I'd add that of all of the ryokans I've stayed at and in fact anywhere I've eaten, I think that the food at Nishimuraya would have to be up there as the highest quality - it is absolutely extraordinary without being over the top. Crab is freely available at a number of restaurants in town, and I saw some which offered crab or beef meals for around $35 in the main street.

As for Tajima beef, there were leaflets and the like explaining that Tajima beef was the origin of Kobe and other beef types (eg Matsusaka beef). The beef was very nice, I couldn't eat much of it because it is very rich. I've had quite a lot of Matsusaka beef at a yakiniku restaurant in Tokyo and I thought it was as good, though I'd struggle to tell the difference between Hikone, Hiroshima, Kobe, or Tajima beef.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Restaurant for Tajima beef and Matsuba crab 2015/5/12 11:06
Hi, Lazy !

Thanks.

I have booked a ryokan on half board basis at Kokoro no yado Mikuniya and not sure they serve Tajima beef and snow crab. I understand snow crab is only available in winter.

I have tried Matsusaka beef in Toba, Hid beef in Takayama and kobe beef in Kobe and would like to try the diiference of Tajima in Kinosaki and Maezawa beef in Hanamaki,

In any case, appreciated.
by reynoldswsc rate this post as useful

Re: Restaurant for Tajima beef and Matsuba crab 2015/5/12 17:29
Cheers. Yeah we had king crab but it was really nice. The Matsusaka beef is a bit sweeter and oilier than Tajima beef I think, though it might have just been the cuts.

Have fun! We really enjoyed Kinosaki onsen and will go back for sure, though you can see the town in less than a day. Next time I'll get off to see the peninsula etc but I didnt brave the bus.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Restaurant for Tajima beef and Matsuba crab 2015/5/12 18:12
I stayed at Mikuniya on March and getting their crab hotpot plus additional mini Tajima steak to get a taste of both specialites. The crab is presented in different cooking method. It was good but the amount of crab is too overwhelming and the room reek of crab. There's restaurants nearby offerring both crab and beef meals with lesser cost. I think I'll opt for outside dining if I'm back to Kinosaki.

If you're not travelling solo, maybe you can consider to get a beef meal and a crab meal and share.
by Moccy rate this post as useful

Re: Restaurant for Tajima beef and Matsuba crab 2015/5/12 22:50
Hi, Mossy!

thanks for the info.

I have booked the hotel with half pension for two and the meal is included. I hope ther]y include what you have been provide as I understand June may not be the right season for snow crab.

Appreciated.

Re: Restaurant for Tajima beef and Matsuba crab 2015/5/12 22:53
Hi, Lazy!

Thanks for additional info.

I have been driving every year for the past 6 ears in Japan each about 24-27 days. We enjoyed it. Drivign will be a better option then the train and bus as I see it. I have been to Honto Peninsula too..it is nice an quiet over they and have excellent abalone is you like it...

reply to this thread