Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiking Mt. Fuji in late June 2015/5/14 08:31
Hi All,

I was planning to visit Japan in late June before I start work. I was wondering if hiking Mt. Fuji in late June would be okay or if it would be too perilous. I would be fine with heading back down if the journey proved too difficult. I just do not want to put myself in any serious danger.

Regards,
Joseph
by Joseph (guest)  

Re: Hiking Mt. Fuji in late June 2015/5/14 11:16
It depends on the year, but generally late Junes is ok to climb as the snows are gone and some of the services are already operating on the mountain. More info here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6901.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Hiking Mt. Fuji in late June 2015/5/14 20:56
The huts are still closed in late June. No toiletry, food and rest facilities are available. And also, no medical assistance and guide are available.
I think a large quantity of snow still left on the route. So I recommend you to bring proper winter climbing equipment with you.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Hiking Mt. Fuji in late June 2015/5/15 09:14
No that is not correct. The snow typically clears by late June and a few of the huts open before the official season begins in July. Of course it depends on the particular year, and exactly how late in June you are planning to climb. Definitely keep updated with the situation before your climb and be prepared for the possibility that the conditions require you to cancel.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Hiking Mt. Fuji in late June 2015/6/9 09:03
Now we're a bit closer to the date in question, does anyone know how this June is shaping up for Mt. Fuji conditions? I'd be looking to climb a station or 2 around June 27th.

Also, does anyone know whether the 1000 Yen climbing fee is in force a) outside climbing season and b) if you're only looking to walk for an hour or so?

I know I won't have enough time to actually climb Fuji, but I'll be driving by and would like to stop for an hour or 2 - for which 1000 yen per person is a little steep.
by John Wellman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiking Mt. Fuji in late June 2015/6/15 18:25
by Eddie fi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread