Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

hakone ropeway 2015/5/17 21:20
i have read the important notice about the hakone ropeway, can you inform me when is it going to be operated again? because i have plan to visit hakone on july and surely the ropeway is one of the attraction that i won't be missed. thank you
by dewi ganda (guest)  

Re: hakone ropeway 2015/5/18 08:47
can you inform me when is it going to be operated again?

No, nobody knows. It is unlikely to open within half a year. Could be a year or longer. The volcanic activity cannot be predicted. In any case, I am afraid it is almost sure not to be open by July.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: hakone ropeway 2015/5/18 09:16
From May 20, during the period when the ropeway is closed, there will be a bus service that connects the ropeway stations Sounzan, Ubako, and Togendai, avoiding the area around Owakudani. The bus will not give you the view that you could get with the ropeway, but there will certainly be access to Lake Ashi.

http://www.hakonenavi.jp/topics/pdf/4255.pdf
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: hakone ropeway 2015/5/21 08:58
Is it still possible to see Fuji from the accessible locations?
I'm going to Hakone in July too :S
by MilesVor rate this post as useful

Re: hakone ropeway 2015/5/21 10:08
Yes, presuming Mount Fuji is visible that day (which is not always the case) you should be able to see the it from the various spots around Hakone from where it is normally visible. One of the best viewpoints is the Detached Palace, on the other end of the lake from Owakudani.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: hakone ropeway 2015/5/21 18:20
Fujusan was visible from the Hakone area early this morning, then clouds moved in front of him and we could no longer see him. We visited Lake Kawaguchi later this morning and from there we had a beautiful view of Fujisan.
Hope he will be visible when you visit in July.
by Dutch Ann (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: hakone ropeway 2015/12/7 04:41
Is it still closed? I planned to go there on christmas
by Lauren (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: hakone ropeway 2015/12/7 08:40
It is now operating between just Togendai and Ubako. However, the main part between Sounzan and Ubako is still closed to due volcanic gases around Owakudani. You can check the up-to-date situation here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5203.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread