Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

14/15 Days Itinerary April 2016 2015/5/23 01:00
I am looking to plan a 14 or 15 days trip to Japan in April 2016 next year to hopefully see cherry blossoms and I have quite a few questions to ask.

There are a few must-haves in the trip.

1. Visit to DisneySea and DisneyLand. This will be done over two days.
2. Cherry blossom viewing, but it does not have be full blossom throughout the trip so no need to chase the blossom front. Hopefully there will be some full blossom either in Kyoto or Tokyo.
3. A baseball match, hopefully in Osaka at Koshien stadium to watch the Tigers.
4. A 1 night ryokan stay in Hakone and a tour around the area.
5. A trip to Hiroshima and 1 night stay on Miyajima island.

Here are the questions.

1. I plan to arrive in Tokyo (either Narita or Haneda) but it is only a few dollars difference between departing from Osaka or Tokyo. Which airport should I use for the return trip?
2. In view of the previous question, do I need a JR pass? Will it be unnecessary if I use KIX for my return trip?
3. WIth respect the choices in the previous two questions, how should I order the places? An example would be, after 4-5 days in Tokyo and a night in Hakone, would it be better to go to Kyoto or Hiroshima first if I am using Kansai International Airport?
4. I plan to be there from 4-19 April 2016 to avoid Golden Week. Is that a good idea? Or would it be more ideal to arrive in late March? I am afraid that it will be the Spring school holidays.

Thank you so much!
by ivan ddt  

Re: 14/15 Days Itinerary April 2016 2015/5/23 11:40
Well, you already seem to know.
Tokyo to Hakone
Hakone to Kyoto
Kyoto to Osaka
OSaka to Hiroshima & Miyajima
Then to KIX

You would need a 7 Day JR Pass if you can fit it all in 7 days. But that seems improbable. From Kyoto to Hiro to KIX may pay the fare back. Do check it out.

I do not recommend going back to Tokyo. It is extra cost and time.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread