Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Allowed to go to College with Work Visa? 2015/5/23 02:23
I plan to try to get a Work Visa so I can stay and work in Japan, and I was curious if I could go to College\Secondary School with just a work visa. Will I need to get a Student visa as well? Or is the work visa enough? Also, if I were to get a Cultural Visa instead of a Work one, would I be able to go to College with that either?
by Jack (guest)  

Re: Allowed to go to College with Work Visa? 2015/5/23 11:02
If you want to study in Japan, get a student visa. It allows you to work part time up to 28 hours a week.
by Murakami Seirin rate this post as useful

Re: Allowed to go to College with Work Visa? 2015/5/23 14:53
Technically, yes, you can go to any type of school with a "work visa", since going to school is not a paid activity, but remember that you're not supposed to quit your job.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Allowed to go to College with Work Visa? 2015/5/23 18:10
You can go to any type of school with any type of visa, for that matter... You need a Student visa if going to school is your primary reason for going to Japan, since then it's unlikely you could qualify for any other visa.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Allowed to go to College with Work Visa? 2015/5/23 20:27
One other concern - if you have a visa other than "Student", then you won't be eligible for any scholarships.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Allowed to go to College with Work Visa? 2015/5/24 00:48
Going back to your initial post, it seems like you have yet to finish college/university.

You won't be eligible for a work visa for that matter since the most primary requirement is to have a degree. The other option is to apply for a working holiday visa if your country is eligible for one.

If not, it seems like you need a student visa afterall, if your primary purpose is to study.
by Murakami Seirin rate this post as useful

Re: Allowed to go to College with Work Visa? 2015/5/24 15:15
Please note that you don't just come and get a work visa; you need to have an actual job offer (and employment contract) to get one. So... if you get hired by some company in Japan, you get a work visa so that you can stay in Japan to work for them, then you quit work to attend college? Not quite the way to go :(
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread