Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

intinerary and suggestion 2015/5/23 07:37
Hello,
I'm coming in japan for the second time with my family...i tried to include some classic for them and some new things for me...
This is my intinerary. In october, Maybe it's too full?

3 Days in tokyo
1 day nikko
1 day obuse (hokusai museum)
1 day in okuhida onsen by bus

At this point I want to get to kyoto, but the only bus arrives in takayama at 9.30 and the train for kyoto leaves at 9.38...could i catch it?

2 days kyoto
(the half day of the arrival Arashiyama and the second the full tour)

1 day nara

1 day himeji and osaka acquarium returning

1 day on mount koya (staying)

Then mount koya to kurashiki.
I will arrive around noon. Should i see the okayama garden or takamatsu garden? Takamatsu seems more japanese... There will be time?

1 day on Onomichi (is ikuchi-jima temple worth visiting?) and hiroshima to see the peace park.

1 day naoshima.

1 long return from kurashiki to tokyo :P

How does it seems?
Thanks!
by David (guest)  

Re: intinerary and suggestion 2015/5/23 11:45
Sounds alright. I always fight for more Kyoto. Seeing the measly 2 days is disappointing.

Yes you can catch the Takayam Kyoto train. Though if the bus slows down because of traffic, too bad. If not 8 minutes is possible if your luggage is light and you walk fast.

You seem to be going to one city for one attraction. You could do multiple cities in a day, in that case.

Kyoto has many beautiful gardens. Traditional, zen, you name it. But large scale gardens like the one at Okayama, i have not seen one. So go to Okayama. Though, if only 2 days in Kyoto, i am not sure what you would be able to see. I've been to Kyoto for more than 2 weeks and still need to return again... to wondrous
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread