Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rental car in Ishigaki 2015/5/23 23:59
Hello, I am visiting Ishigaki Island for 5 days during June with my family. I have an Indian driving license. Though I don't have any international DL, I would like to know if there is any possibility to get a car on rent for a day.
Is it possible for any hostel to provide us with a car? I'm curious to know how foreigners deal with this in Japan.
Additionally, I am aware that Ishigaki do not have much bus frequency which could be hard for any foreigner to travel around.
Any kind of suggestion will be appreciated.
by traveller's passion (guest)  

Re: Rental car in Ishigaki 2015/5/24 11:48
I have an Indian driving license. Though I don't have any international DL, I would like to know if there is any possibility to get a car on rent for a day.

You cannot drive without an international DL. But I think that the international DL issued in India are recognized by Japan. The basics are here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2024.html

Is it possible for any hostel to provide us with a car?

In Japan it is usual for tourists to rent a car through a car rental company. But some hostels may be willing to help make you a reservations. I would not count onto it, though.

I'm curious to know how foreigners deal with this in Japan.

They get an international driving licence in their home country and then make a reservation for a rental car through a rental car company. There are more and more rental car companies that accept reservations in English. See the linked page above for details and links.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread