Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

To tavel from Koyasan to Hakone 2015/5/24 20:54
Hi,

I'm seeking advice on the fastest way or convenience way to travel from Koyasan to Hakone.

My accommodation in Koaysan is Yochi-in Koyasan
My accommodation in Hakone is Miyashita, Yugawara-machi, Kanagawa-Ken.
by Chang Chia Ling (guest)  

Re: To tavel from Koyasan to Hakone 2015/5/25 11:29
That is an extremely long trip: six hours between the Koyasan cablecar station and Hakone-Yumoto train station. You have to travel back to Osaka from Koyasan and then take a few train connections to reach Hakone. You might want to consider stopping over in Toyko to break up the journey.

Use hyperdia.com/en to see the connections for your travel day/time. You will need to look up the closest station to your Hakone accommodation (in Koyasan, Koyasan cablecar station is the closest - you take a local bus from there to the temples).
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: To tavel from Koyasan to Hakone 2015/5/25 21:39
Yugawara is not near Hakone. What is the exact address?
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: To tavel from Koyasan to Hakone 2015/5/25 22:01
Thanks for the advices, sq and Dick. As my trip is on October, I suppose I still time to study time table (cried 😥😭).
My exact accommodation in Hakone is 698-17 miyashita, yugawara-machi, Kanazawa-ken 259-0304
by Chang Chia Ling (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: To tavel from Koyasan to Hakone 2015/5/26 11:14
Are you sure about that address? It doesn't look like an accommodation nor a residence. Also, Yugawara is not Hakone, but the neighboring town. It's actually quite far from the touristy spots, especially if travelling by public transportation.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Koyasan to Yugawara 2015/5/26 12:52
Yugawara is a nice old hot springs town on the JR Tokaido line, one stop east of ATAMI. You need to take a taxi from YUGAWARA station to 698-17 MIYASHITA (see map).
If you use the Nankai Railway to Koya and back to Osaka's NAMBA station you have to change to the Midosuji subway. It's 15 mins to SHIN-OSAKA where you take the Shinkansen. It's about 3 to 4 hours to YUGAWARA. You need to change at SHIZUOKA or MISHIMA or ATAMI (fastest). Check Hyperdia.

http://dickh.zenfolio.com/img/s12/v170/p1203667049-5.jpg
by Dick H rate this post as useful

reply to this thread