Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Train to Sapporo during Snow Festival 2015/5/25 12:48
Hello

I want to travel to Sapporo on the 5th of February 2016 for the Snow Festival, however I will arrive in Japan on the 25th of January, so i will only have 10 days in advance to reserve a seat using my Japan Rail Pass.

Is 10 days in advance alright? (will there still be seats?)

if not:

Is there a way I can reserve my seats in advance without my JRP but getting the JRP discount?

I hope my question is clear enough, my english isn't very good.

Thanks for your answers
by Luti  

Re: Train to Sapporo during Snow Festival 2015/5/25 13:34

You have ample time, just be flexible with date. Should not be any problem.
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Train to Sapporo during Snow Festival 2015/5/25 19:58
I agree
You have to prepared to be flexible with the date. That period is about golden week so it may be difficult to get the train. I travelled during that period and my plans had to make a drastic change

There is no way to book with JR. pass discount once jr pass ends
by Joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Train to Sapporo during Snow Festival 2015/5/26 12:33

That shouldn't be a problem if you are flexible, presuming you plan to use the shinkansen and not the night train.

Is there a way I can reserve my seats in advance without my JRP but getting the JRP discount?

Once you have your exchange order you can reserve the shinkansen as far as Shin-Aomori in advance here:

http://www.eki-net.com/pc/jreast-shinkansen-reservation/English/wb/JRT...

Btw, that is not the Golden Week Period, which occurs in late April early May. And most people probably fly in for the Snow Festival anyway because it's faster and cheaper.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread